|PC Release Date||Not Yet Released|
Kaprosuchus (or also shortly called as Kapro) is an aggressive kind of creature that you may encounter in ARK Survival Evolved. It wasn’t officially obtainable and tamable yet in the game, but it was already planned to be attached in V248.
Wild: Kaprosuchus Paludentium is known as a tiny relation of Sarcosuchus. It is also an aquatic carnivore living in the swamps of the island. It runs extremely fast, especially in the water. Being a lonely hunter, it can attack any creatures from small ones to average ones, particularly the ones that are separate from the groups.
Domesticated: The usefulness of this creature is usually divided by the survivors. Some people like the speed of Kapro, which turns it into a perfect fast mount when going through the wetlands. Other ones seemingly don’t like the weakness of Kaprosuchus, and they consider that the high speed and damaging assaults will not atone for its shortcoming.
Known Information: Kaprosuchus utilizes two main strategies when launching attacks. Firstly, it will stay patient and try to wait under the surface of water until there is a certain target approaching. Then, after that, it will take a leap to end the distance with that prey quickly, then it will haul the prey to go into the water. Secondly, it will keep an eye on the crucial locations of the prey, then start attacking that target to deplete its stamina. Using these two methods, the opponent creatures won’t be able to flee away from Kaprosuchus.
The Kaprosuchus has several characteristics which are similar to the bigger relative named Sarcosuchus. However, it still bears several different traits. Its legs are very long and it can chase the prey that flees away from its first attack faster, its fangs are like a tusk, which gives it’s a cute nickname “Boar-Croc”.
Color Scheme and Regions
Since Kaprosuchus is not officially released and not available in the game yet, there is no information about the color scheme and regions of Kapro for now.
- Raw Meat
Note: The info above is not sure to be correct, as it is just a speculation depending on the details and info of other identical creatures.
Base Stats and Growth
In Survival of the Fittest, the creatures will possess discrepant stats
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
- Percentages are depended on the value of the stat at the moment when the creature was domesticated (after the effectiveness of taming)
- The absolute Base Damage is displayed here rather than the percentage.
- The movement speed of untamed creatures won’t be developed and leveled up.
- Torpor develops every single level on the untamed creatures, but it can’t be developed after they are domesticated.
- Check out Base Creature Statistics to find out a comparison of the creatures’ stats.
- If you want to research on the way that levelup calculation operates, you should check out Creature Stats Calculation
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- The table shown above is the base speeds of the creature, and they are at 100% Movement Speed.
- Check out Base Creature Speeds to find out a comparison of the creatures’ speeds
This part will indicate how to battle against the Kaprosuchus.
Kaprosuchus doesn’t have high health
This creature was just introduced recently, therefore, it doesn’t have main taming data yet.
The dossier was introduced on 8/31/2015
Kaprosuchus means “Boar-Crocodile” , and it was called like that because of its giant tusk-like fangs
Although the dossier claims that Kaprosuchus is extremely great in both water and land, it was still mostly land-based.
The blueprint for Kapro is kind of the same as the blueprint for the Primal Carnage: Genesis, since both are wrongly illustrated with long back legs.