|PC Release Date||Not Yet Released|
|Xbox Release Date||Not Yet Released|
The Megalania is a new kind of dinosaur that you should explore. This creature turns up in ARK Survival Evolved, you can find it in some cave networks on the island. Learning about the dossier of Megalania, you will fully comprehend the natural behaviors, wild environments, the appearance of this creature. Since the creature has just been released in the game, there is much information about it yet. More details will be added in the forthcoming update.
Wild: Megalania Muruspede is considered as one of the biggest creatures living in some complex cave networks of the island. It’s up to three meters in length and it’s able to travel across the cave walls vertically by utilizing its claw, but it’s still hard a bit. Due to the size of it, luckily, it’s doubtful to sneak up on any person. However, it’s a hostile and deadly creature for some spelunkers.
Domesticated: Due to the very rare skill of Megalania trying to climb the walls, it’s highly searched by lots of tribes. Even though it’s not the quickest, strongest or hardest mount, it’s still very valuable to many tribes because of the way it tries to get into the caves and scale mountains.
Known Information: Similar to other Varanidae, Megalania is a poisonous creature, its toxin is reacting very slowly but it will deplete the strength and health of the victim until death unless he/she is healed by rare antidote. The prey of Megalania is usually torn apart prior to surrendering the effects of toxin in a very long period.
The Megalania is a giant lizard that is just like a Komodo Dragon. It possesses a strong tail and a toothy maw spitting poison. It still can climb walls just like a gecko for sneaking up on the target as well as travel across tough terrain.
Color Scheme and Regions
The details about color scheme and regions of Megalania remains unknown since this creature is not launched in the game yet.
Note: Information is not guaranteed to be accurate, as it is a guess based on information of similar creatures.
Base Stats and Growth
In Survival of the Fittest, the stats of creatures will be discrepant
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
- Percentages are depended on the value of the stat at the moment when the creature was domesticated (after the effectiveness of taming)
- The absolute Base Damage is displayed here rather than the percentage.
- The movement speed of untamed creatures won’t be developed and leveled up.
- Torpor develops every single level on the untamed creatures, but it can’t be developed after they are domesticated.
- Check out Base Creature Statistics to find out a comparison of the creatures’ stats.
- If you want to research on the way that levelup calculation operates, you should check out Creature Stats Calculation
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- The table shown above is the base speeds of the creature, and they are at 100% Movement Speed.
- Check out Base Creature Speeds to find out a comparison of the creatures’ speeds
Keep in mind that the official taming data of this creature is not approachable for now because it was just launched in the game recently.
The current information here is just based on the proof and probably it’s not completely true.
Don’t forget to check out an external taming calculator but remember that their numbers are not official.
This part will show you how to battle against the Megalania
The Dino Dossier was launched on 12/07/15 on Steam
The first release of the dossier had temperament changed, which results in a hostile diet and meat-eating temperament.
Megalania is not a worthy species anymore. The creature in real life is known as Varanus priscus at the moment after it was determined Megalania is kind of the same as the lizard in the modern time. However, the name Megalania is still utilized to illustrate the animal as a usual name.