|PC Release Date||Not Yet Released|
|Xbox Release Date||Not Yet Released|
Megalosaurus is one of the most outstanding creatures appearing in ARK Survival Evolved! This is a hostile dinosaur that can become a risk to all survivors when they are wandering around the island for hunting, especially when the night comes. Let’s find out more information about Megalosaurus now!
Wild: Similar to other giant theropods of the island, Megalosaurus noctedominus is known as a hostile carnivore that all survivors should be careful when dealing with. They are not like other theropods in life style, mostly they appear at night, which can be called nocturnal creature. When the night approaches, these creatures will start searching for a desert and safe location to sleep.
Domesticated: Although Megalosaurus is not the strongest theropod, it’s still highly searched by a lot of attackers that are mostly active at night. This creature seems to be more intimidating at night because of its nocturnal nature. It usually avoids assault, maintains the stamina and launching its attacks more properly.
Known Information: If Megalosaurus is interrupted throughout the day, it will become more inactive. But, it still attacks the enemy if disturbed too much! Its principal strategy is to bite on that prey then start locking its jaw. The bigger creatures can expect to be free once this creature shuts down the jaw. After that, Megalosaurus will begin to chomp the target until death. It’s really horrible to watch, but this is also a nice strategy for a tribe to use against other quick prey.
Possibly, the Megalosaurus can be similar to a very small version of Allosaurus somewhat. It usually dodges a fight with its fellow big theropods by hunting when the night comes and start attacking the herbivores or any survivors when they are defenseless. This creature is kind of unique because it’s filled with feather.
Color Scheme and Regions
Since Megalosaurus is not released in the game yet, its basic information about color scheme and regions remains unknown.
Keep in mind that this information is not sure to be accurate since it is just a speculation based on some info of identical creatures.
Base Stats and Growth
In Survival of the Fittest, the stats of the creatures will be discrepant
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
- Percentages are depended on the value of the stat at the moment when the creature was domesticated (after the effectiveness of taming)
- The absolute Base Damage is displayed here rather than the percentage.
- The movement speed of untamed creatures won’t be developed and leveled up.
- Torpor develops every single level on the untamed creatures, but it can’t be developed after they are domesticated.
- Check out Base Creature Statistics to find out a comparison of the creatures’ stats.
- If you want to research on the way that levelup calculation operates, you should check out Creature Stats Calculation
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- The table shown above is the base speeds of the creature, and they are at 100% Movement Speed.
- Check out Base Creature Speeds to find out a comparison of the creatures’ speeds
The official data of this creature is not approachable yet because it was just launched in the game recently.
The info here is just based on proof and it’s not guaranteed to be true.
You can try checking out an external taming calculator.
This section focuses on how to battle against Megalosaurus
There is no information about this yet.
The dossier was launched on January 12, 2016
The dossier indicates that this creature will possess some specific advantages when the dawn approaches and it can totally lock the jaw on target. This will be awesome and helpful for domesticating and hunting.
In Latin, the name Megalosaurus means “Great Lizard”