|XP For Kill||1 XP|
Let’s take a chance to find out a lot of information about Megapiranha (also known as Piranha) which is one of the dangerous creatures in ARK Survival Evolved game. You can learn more about the strategies to defeat and tame this carnivorous fish in your game as well.
Wild: Megapiranha magnadmorsus is a dangerous and carnivorous creature that mostly lives in the rivers and some ponds on the island of the game. This one has such a deadly and strong bite and you will complete freak out if you catch sight of some trying to demolish the well-armored turtles. Their bites are very powerful compared to other creatures.
Domesticated: Similar to many creatures in the game, once domesticating one Megapiranha, it will become the best companion and bodyguard for a survivor. Because of the metabolism, you will have to give them a lot of food, even more than other pets. However, they are extremely good at searching for their food, and usually, they will try to hunt Coelacanths.
Known Information: Facing a Megapiranha is such a problem! If you want to deal with it, you should try to stay alert to the rest of this group. You may find it easy to destroy one Megapiranha, but annihilating the whole group of them is a huge deal!
When they smell something that gets into their realm, they can become extremely hostile. These creatures are willing to assault the giant brave Tyrannosaurus even though their assaults are very pointless. They usually come out in groups of 4 or 5, with that amount of Megapiranha, they will be able to break through breakable armor in just a bit. When traversing the water, you regularly see a bunch of these creatures surrounding you, which will become a hard mission for you to solve. Even if you are an advanced and skilled player, it will be a big challenge to conquer!
It’s not always safe to crossing the freshwater rivers and lakes in the game because the brutal Megapiranhas are always there. These creatures usually hunt Coelacanths and try to kill these weak creatures, swallow them to satisfy their empty bellies. With their powerful bites, they can demolish wounded animals and weak creatures using their teeth. Thanks to the rough skin and cruel behavior, Megapiranha would never mistake its prey to any other fish.
Color Scheme and Regions
You can find out the natural colors and regions of the Piranha in this part. To get indicative purposes, the below areas are painted red over a while Piranha. The painted squares that are displayed right below every region’s illustration are the true colors which Piranha will spawn with at random in order to offer a general range of the natural color scheme of this creature. You can move your cursor over a color to find out the name and ID
The color scheme information is straightly extracted from the ARK DevKit and it should be seen as correct.
This region info can be utilized by the server admins in the console command like this “cheat SetTargetDinoColor ”
For instance, the body magenta of Piranha can be painted by using this command “cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6”
Eye Area and Stripes
Region 3 is not used
Raw Fish Meat
Base Stats and Growth
You should remember that the creatures will have discrepant stays in SotF
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
- Percentages are depended on the value of the stat at the moment when the creature was domesticated (after the effectiveness of taming)
- The absolute Base Damage is displayed here rather than the percentage.
- The movement speed of untamed creatures won’t be developed and leveled up.
- Torpor develops every single level on the untamed creatures, but it can’t be developed after they are domesticated.
- The Piranha can’t drown
- Check out Base Creature Statistics to find out a comparison of the creatures’ stats.
- If you want to research on the way that levelup calculation operates, you should check out Creature Stats Calculation
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- The table shown above is the base speeds of the creature, and they are at 100% Movement Speed.
- Check out Base Creature Speeds to find out a comparison of the creatures’ speeds
The survivors need to utilize “forcetame”-command in order to domesticate a Piranha. The reason of using this way is because the Piranha Torpor doesn’t increase if you utilize usual ways. But, it was already affirmed by the Devs, and truly it can be tamed.
Check out this part to find out how to battle against the Piranha
Using any melee weapon is enough to destroy these creatures because of their low health. You can kill them easily but you must be sure that you don’t stay closer to them in a long time. The other Piranhas will come and they will team up to counter you. When you see a lot of Piranhas coming, you will be in danger! If you go away from the water, you will get rid of them as a danger!
You can utilize a pike or a spear, create a proper distance and then use that weapon for poking at that creature. If you are a clever and adventurous one, you can entice them to get to the shore, make them get stuck in the shallow water. Using a ranged weapon is not always effective because these creatures regularly swerve, so maybe sometimes you will think about using crossbows because they work well underwater. When you are about to traverse a river, you should take a look around underwater to find out if there is any Piranha nearby or not. You can even wait a bit and be sure that everything is safe enough for you to cross. But, in case they are there waiting for you, you must stand knee deep, lure them to the shallow water and get them stuck.
Pikes and Spears are considered as the perfect weapons for you to utilize when you want to kill Piranha. These weapons are able to attack the creatures from the distance. When you see one Piranha coming out, you must use the ranged weapons, such as slingshot, bow in order to attack it.
Using swarm strategies is the way that Piranha utilizes to annihilate their prey. Therefore, you must stay away from them all the time and try to use the ranged weapons to hit them from afar. You can wait for them to group, and then kill them with just one hit.
Piranhas don’t have high health, they can be weak faster, so it’s easier for them to be killed in just a bit, especially when they are separated.
- According to what the Dino Dossier said, Piranha is able to be domesticated, but it hasn’t been carried out in the game yet.
- Piranhas can create a difficult situation for the survivors to traverse the rivers and lakes when they begin the game. All survivors are suggested to take a look around the rivers before crossing, find a shallow location to traverse so that they can pass by safely. You will deal with these creatures easily if you have some gear to defend yourself. But when you haven’t got anything yet, just be careful when traversing.
- The design of Piranha in the game is the same as the titular fish that appears in a horror and comedy movie called Piranha 3D which was released in 2010.