Here comes a new creature for you to explore in ARK Survival Evolved! It’s Elasmosaurus (also known as Plesiosaur) which is considered as one of the most popular marine reptiles that you will encounter throughout your journey.
Wild: Elasmosaurus remuspissa plays an odd role in the food chain of the ocean. It mainly searches for the tiny creatures living in the water and uses them as its food, and this creature seemingly doesn’t pay attention to the fairly big creatures. With a giant size, Elasmosaurus has to absorb the large quantity of small creatures so that it can maintain the nutrients for itself
Domesticated: Similar to Brontosaurus, Plesiosaur can become a great way for transferring and carrying big quantities of items and goods when crossing water. Due to their sheer size, they are completely able to be used as the mobile water bases. There are many determined tribes that construct bunkers on the backs of these creatures rather than cargo ships.
Known Information: Despite having such a giant size Plesiosaur has several natural hostile predators. Megalodon can be considered as one of the common natural predators of Plesiosaur.
Deep down the ocean have many groups of Plesiosaurs! You sometimes catch sight of two or three Plesiosaurs swimming around. If you approach them, they will begin attacking and will go behind you for a certain distance. They don’t seemingly get interested in something longer.
The body of Plesiosaur is kind of like a teardrop. You can’t mistake it to any creatures due to the size, long neck, four flippers that are like a whale. The neck of this creature is really long, and the mouth is full off pointed teeth. They usually swim in groups and normally, you will see them roaming around the deeper areas of the island in order to find their prey and foods, like fish and squid. They can capture the prey by teaming up together.
Color Scheme and Regions
In this part, you will find out the natural colors and regions of Plesiosaur. There are several regions below that are painted in red on a white Plesiosaur for the indicative purposes. The painted squares right below every description of the region are the colors that this creature will start with at random in order to give out a general range of the natural color scheme. For showing the name and ID, you need to move your mouse cursor on a color.
The color scheme information is extracted straightly from ARK DevKit and it should be seen as correct.
This region info can be utilized by the server admins in the command “cheat SetTargetDinoColor ”
Using “cheat SetTargetDinoColor 06” can help paint the body magenta of Plesiosaur.
Region 2 is not used
Region 3 is not used
- Raw Prime Meat
- Fireworks Flaregun Skin
Base Stats and Growth
Remember that the creatures possess discrepant stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
- Percentages are depended on the value of the stat at the moment when the creature was domesticated (after the effectiveness of taming)
- The absolute Base Damage is displayed here rather than the percentage.
- The movement speed of untamed creatures won’t be developed and leveled up.
- Torpor develops every single level on the untamed creatures, but it can’t be developed after they are domesticated.
- The Piranha can’t drown
- Check out Base Creature Statistics to find out a comparison of the creatures’ stats.
- If you want to research on the way that levelup calculation operates, you should check out Creature Stats Calculation
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- The table shown above is the base speeds of the creature, and they are at 100% Movement Speed.
- Check out Base Creature Speeds to find out a comparison of the creatures’ speeds
Note: Plesiosaurs always come out at level 35 or even higher level. The column saying “Amount at level 1” should be considered and read as “amount at level 35”, excluding for torpor.
Wild Stats Level-up
Input the values of an untamed creature to check on which stats it is stressed. The green values on a creature at a higher level are extremely great to breed. For those creatures that you have already domesticated, you could regain the breeding stats by utilizing the tool called ARK Stats Extractor.
After being domesticated, the creature will obtain more bonuses on several stats based on the taming effectiveness. This will cause it to be very difficult to take back the levels on a domesticated creature. Therefore, this tool can be used for the untamed creatures.
Check out this part to find out how to battle against the Plesiosaur.
You are suggested to battle in a unit against the Plesiosaur. If you are dealing with it alone, it will be invaluable to use a strong water mount or scuba flippers. Be aware of it and maybe you will have to face more attacks.
Since the Plesiosaur is able to get to a specified height, you probably can swim over an area that it can’t approach. Also, you need to be sure that other aquatic creatures won’t assault either throughout a fight, especially Megalodon and Dunklesteus, or a Mosasaur that can destroy an adventure if you leave it unattended.
Using scuba flippers will help you a lot in swimming on this creature, and it will barely take damage on you.
It’s highly recommended to utilize the crossbow when you want to perform the ranged assaults because this weapon is able to shoot through the water. You can use melee weapons too but they are not suggested much because of the assault range and AOE of Plesiosaur.
This creature has a larger attack range because of its sheer size, which will bring melee advantage to it. When you assault it, you can use crossbows, but you should stay alert to other creatures nearby. If you keep staying closer to the sea floor, you will have a high chance to touch the toxic sting of Eurypterid that will keep you balanced.
The Plesiosaur can become weaker if it is getting stuck in the cave mouths, even though it has a giant size. You can take this chance and try to kill it, or even domesticate it if you want.
- Remember, the values are for optimum instances, they always carry additional supplies.
- You can check out an external taming calculator to get a level-dependent count of the resources required.
Ingredients for Kibble (Rex Egg): 1 × Rex Egg , 1 × Longrass , 1 × Prime Meat Jerky , 2 × Mejoberry , 3 × Fiber , 1 × Waterskin
Taming Plesiosaur is considered as the most difficult job in the game by far. The level of this creature can be a starting point to make a discrepancy in the needed resources for domestication. They have such a high and fast torpor reduction, therefore, you are supposed to prepare and carry a big amount of narcotics in order to keep it unconscious while trying to tame it.
You shouldn’t use bows to shoot the untamed Plesiosaurs because they won’t work well. The creatures won’t swim and reach the surface of the ocean, so using those weapons is kind of helpless. In this case, you try using a crossbow or if you are a clever one, you can entice the Plesiosaur and lure it to a cave where you will completely see it.
There is another way for you to attack, that is utilizing the crossbow and launching your attack to the creature from above. Apparently, they don’t have interests in you much, especially when you are getting closer to the surface. You should take this chance and shoot at them faster. Do this over and over again until you can defeat it! But you should be aware and watchful for Megalodons and other Plesiosaurs around, or else they can assault you and ruin your tame anytime!
Also, you should prepare a wooden raft, put some storage crates and beds that can float on the location where you want to domesticate a Plesiosaur. This is just in case when you want to respawn after being destroyed or keep some narcotics as well as other precious stuff. The creatures won’t be able to assault the raft, so you can be sure that everything will be safe
When trying to lure a Plesiosaur to a cave under the water, you should try to stand in the cave, at a position where you can breathe, and then tranq it accurately. After that, you can utilize Megalodon to search for prime meat, then you can domesticate it faster.
- According to what the dossier of this creature has claimed above, it refers to the caves that can be found under the water in the game. Apparently, this can specify that there are several terrible creatures that live in the deeper larger caves.
- The taming time can be very long because of the sheer size of this creature, and it is kind of vulnerable to several opponents, like Megalodons for instance. The effectiveness can be even reduced because of the inflicted damage.
- Plesiosaurs are not always found, but sometimes, you may catch sight of two or three of them nearby the cave entrance under the water, which is detected at 83.0/09.9. See the image below:
- After being destroyed, Plesiosaurs always release Firework Flare Gun Skin
- You can find these creatures nearby the entrance of the caves under the water, from 1 to 4 Plesiosaurs.
- The dossier claimed that it doesn’t pay attention to the large creatures that have the same size as human beings, but sometimes, it can assault Megalodons or other ones that are in its sight.
- Prior to the launching of the crossbow, these creatures were normally lured into the cave under the water by the survivors, and then they can use tranquilizers to kill them.
- Its name alludes to a big group of animals dominating the whole seas throughout from Jurassic era until the end of the Age of Reptiles.
- According to the Dossier, it said that the only predator of Plesiosaur was Megalodon, even though the latter one is more powerful.