Tyrannosaurus (or also known as Rex) is a carnivorous deadly dinosaur that appears in ARK Survival Evolved. This creature is extremely large and it’s known as one of the most dangerous dinosaurs that can eat and kill small creatures, even human beings. It has high health and stamina, but it assault speed won’t be as fast as Spinosaurus. Furthermore, T-rex can’t swim and go through water fast.
Wild: Tyrannosaurus dominum has a nickname for its characteristics. It’s known as a deadly killing machine that lives on this island. When it’s searching for foods and protecting the nest, it’s extremely active and hostile. All survivors are highly recommended to dodge T-rex whenever they come across them. This dinosaur is extremely strong and it has so many powerful features, like bite, stomp, tail or even arms.
Domesticated: If you are an ambitious warlord or you belong to aggressive tribes, you will always think about domesticating a Tyrannosaurus and that’s your main goal as well. It’s called as a killing machine for a reason! If you have domesticated one T-rex, you will not fear anything anymore!
Known Information: Although this is a discrepant kind of Tyrannosaurus, other people still call it “Rex” or “T-Rex”.
Tyrannosaurus is extremely hostile and it willingly assaults anything, any person that is in its sight. Nevertheless, different from other carnivorous creatures, T-Rexes are interested in bigger prey and they pay attention to those larger targets more than human beings. When there is a bigger prey showing up, they begin neglect the smaller ones instantly, and keep their eye on the larger ones. These creature got a large size, and their health is mostly way bigger than Spinosaurus’s, along with amazing stamina level. However, Tyrannosaurus doesn’t have high attacking speed, but they’ve got high stamina and health.
T- rex is a very large theropod dinosaur that you can catch sight of on the this island. These creatures are filled with tiny round scales, and they even have smooth and light brown belly. Their vertebrae is protected against other carnivores’ jaws by a big ridge of bony plates on their neck and back. T-rexes also have long legs, padded toes, and they surpass fifty feet in length. However, their arms are not big, they are just sense and muscled.
Color Scheme and Regions
This is the part showing the natural colors and regions of the Rex. Every region underneath is painted in red on a white Rex. The painted squares displayed below every region’s description are known as the colors Rex will generate at random for offering a general range of natural color scheme. To show the name and ID, just move your mouse cursor on a color.
The color scheme info is straightly extracted from ARK DevKit and it should be seen as accurate.
This region info can be utilized by the server admins in the console command, “cheat SetTargetDinoColor ”
Using “cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6” will help paint the body magenta of the Rex.
Region 2 is not used
Region 4 is not used
Breeding T-rex is not easy at all because of keeping the suitable temperatures for the eggs and hand feeding the newborn in the long time. The players are recommended to prepare 2 Air Conditioners and a bunch of standing torches so that they can keep the egg at a good temperature. It’s a long time between watching the egg throughout hatching process and hand feeding the newborn, namely 8-9 hours for the little baby to swallow foods in the feeding trough.
- Temperature: 85-95 degrees F
- Incubation: Roughly 5 hours
- Maturation: Roughly 3 days 20 hours and 30 minutes.
- Raw Meat
- Raw Prime Meat
- Tyrannosaurus Arm
Base Stats and Growth
The stats of the creatures will be discrepant in Survival of the Fittest.
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
- Percentages are depended on the value of the stat at the moment when the creature was domesticated (after the effectiveness of taming)
- The absolute Base Damage is displayed here rather than the percentage.
- The movement speed of untamed creatures won’t be developed and leveled up.
- Torpor develops every single level on the untamed creatures, but it can’t be developed after they are domesticated.
- Check out Base Creature Statistics to find out a comparison of the creatures’ stats.
- If you want to research on the way that levelup calculation operates, you should check out Creature Stats Calculation
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100%Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, seeBase Creature Speeds
Wild Stats Level-up
Input the values of an untamed creature to check on which stats it is stressed. The green values on a creature at a higher level are extremely great to breed. For those creatures that you have already domesticated, you could regain the breeding stats by utilizing the tool called ARK Stats Extractor.
These values are only for optimum instances, they always carry additional supplies.
You can check out an external taming calculator to get a level-dependent count of the resources required.
Ingredients for Kibble (Pulmonoscorpius Egg): 1 × Pulmonoscorpius Egg , 1 × Longrass , 1 × Prime Meat Jerky , 2 × Mejoberry , 3 × Fiber , 1 × Waterskin
Because T-Rexes are extremely powerful and quick, it won’t be easy at all to domestication one by yourself on the ground. You should ask some friends and take them with you, bring more Tranquilizer Arrows and shoot them at the head of these creatures.
Here come usual strategies:
You should try to search for Rex that is at the cliff. These creatures usually come out in the bay of southeastern shores. To fire tranq arrows at the head of T-rex, you must find the peak of the cliff, stand on there and shoot. Following this method will help you domesticate one easily. You are also able to get it angry from afar and divert it to the cliff as you are riding on a quick mount.
Another way is that you can take your friend with you, along with an Argentavis, Pteranodon, or Quetzal if you are unable to find a cliff. One will fly the mount and brings the other one. The one who is carried will fire Tranq Arrows at the Rex’s head. Using this way, you should try to keep an eye on the stamina of your mount, or three of you will be destroyed by the Rex.
You can carry more tanks, or other pets to distract the Rex. It will normally assault your pet and you can take this chance to use tranq arrows, fire them at the head of Rex from afar.
Alternatively, you can find a location filled with various prey animals. Try your best to entice and lure the Rex to come to that zone. Give it a chance to assault other animals, then, you must use your tranq arrows faster, fire them at its head. When it gets angry, it will rush towards other animals. You can try to follow this way over and over again until you completely defeat the Rex. But, the neutral prey won’t stop assaulting, like Triceratops for instance. They may cause the taming effectiveness to go down, hence, you need to destroy the prey too.
You can tempt the Rex to get closer and go into a giant gate cage, then utilize the flyer of your friend, and begin to fire the arrows at its head.
Let’s research on how to battle against the Rex.
The untamed Rexes are generated more regularly on advanced difficulties.
The basic running speed of the player is even quicker than an untamed Rex. You are able to kite the Rex and deal your damage using ranged weapons. If a Rex assaults you, you should head into a forest, doing so will make the Rex get trapped between many trees because of its sheer size.
Be sure that you have one or more than a crossbow, together with tranq arrows or Longneck rifle with a bunch of darts.
The Rexes possess high damage assaults and plenty of health, which causes it to become one of the most dangerous creatures in the game.
If you need to escape from a wild Rex, base player sprint speed is higher than that of a wild Rex, so you can outrun one on foot. However, small obstacles in your path can allow it to catch up, as the Rex could easily walk over something a player would have to go around.
Tank: Having a large health pool, the Rex can become a powerful tank that deals larger damage. It can move extremely quickly comparing to larger tanks, like Brontosaurus. ( Level in health and melee damage)
Hunter: Rex is also one of the perfect dinosaurs that is very good at collecting meat and resources from the dead bodies. (level up melee damage and health)
Damage: Rex is able to deal high damage, and with long durability, it can be very helpful for the long fights. (level up melee damage and health)
Transport: It can become a great transporter due to a fair speed and ability of carrying. (Level up weight, movement speed as well as stamina)
The meaning of its full name, Tyrannosaurus dominum, is “Lord of the Tyrant Lizards”
Calling it a T-rex is seen as inaccurate, just thinking about that Tyrannosaurus rex and Tyrannosaurus dominum are two different kinds of the identical genus.
Tyrannosaurus dominum is kind of bigger than Tyrannosaurus rex fossils.
T-Dominum and T-Rex are inaccurate spellings. Tyrannosaurus is capitalized because it’s a genus name, while dominum and rex are just the name of the species. Therefore, T.dominum and T.rex are the accurate spelling.
If the Rexes assault plenty of herbivores at the same time, they will usually destroy themselves. A survivor who is riding a tamed Rex will be able to undertake a lot of dinosaurs simultaneously if that player can maintain all foes ahead of him. The AI controlled Rexes can’t use this method, which makes them get circled and incapable of assaulting.
No need to use a Behemoth Gateway for the Rex to get through. It can suit the tiny gather.
The Rex can perform a secondary attack, which is operated by the right mouse. It can emit a loud roar, but this feature doesn’t get a function in the game yet.
Similar to other big animals, Rexes won’t take extra damage from the headshots.
All riders should learn that Rex will destroy anything that it stomps. If it smashes down all the trees, it can kill dodo immediately, and occasionally, it can evoke the heard assaults that are possible to intimidate your mount if you are unprepared.
|173.0||The damage of Rex increased from 50 to 80|
|177.0||Roaring ability is added (Rex is known as the initial species in the game that gets this capability)|
|178.0||The roar of Rex has a big breakdown range currently|
|Not listed yet||The damage of Rex decreased from 80 to 60|
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1843 KCegUE2cgQLljj5FTW-ZmSgnU_e7ajc2cNyDI5yZPGyebwUmGQ5kjHPH-wXCz68K 80a787692f0ca06671834bf7c491ddc9499d3fc6&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1829 cTEVHpEQEezdFkNUmWc0dA8kfW3WVYA8GB0O069H7PewmD9-Jbsmksh8qMqsSbVM da1a463bcc911f9731b88b7d6025de15ad08d949&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1827 1gEDL4KSctoZSP90eCA5Krf99TPaD2aRxS3P7A2cX-qilxH_Gv7Itb7cEmeZJF79 7320b7714a82594802ed5b51b87f0657c3f2cc13&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1826 3y3Zi1CCIRc71DKJcscc9HIMBRSwq4MPf0bdfQvZrQ_vE37_1tWqaKW1gJ8gAR-v 9a2c272c727fd53d3d8707b78a4a032bfaca6f26&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1825 xUEr8Zm9WphZj-17paUgmlhtgONdNrYImmMrIAJOxz8uQ6wfsukBTTpR_7ZOApJl 4d2088aaf91095c43186ffc8049432ba813266af&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1823 zkp9pJ94UjfRoGnU1ba7TBEX-6BqQY_6G77mVxWl_Xx8TFhVtk-4r9jHUT0TiJvk fcfb744c171bdefb78a58245d7943c34b8ee01ee&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1823 q27ec1vfu71S6b2keYwz268KwWmf0AWOGbgI7aw2UBBUmDg9xmVgjjottsqLj3Yb b1ba51556475437eb4fb39dace2c1f01d5b6e580&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1822 JMi5N6oLz1EDyRqL85z_p5B36Xz1IodPO6o7LHYKRLsYGUQxMjLCdal6hDBXtmcM 23d3f3e71071f9da6013be549b24de5df533d0e8&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1821 yy8CQxbK_irLDtfoA20Q2Gn3iPh2LzAw1HndcG60wzRcqBJLOSmqZ7Y63XywoLnE 34e1db94bd0db440c5aa1685bca1a20f861ce838&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1821 rtLOC04OUM-jOkhxgMfW2Z4xzcIsj9hAGoKudBU6CeADKY7pP722Egn1qlFg0BR_ 44f5d31830ea1b5d72e62840951b34abe045b799&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme