Are you excited to check out another wonderful creature in ARK Survival Evolved? Let’s explore Coelacanth and learn more its Dino Dossier, as well as other characteristics of it!
- Wild: Coelacanth nutritia inhabits the waters on the island, along with the rivers, and lakes too. Different from most Coelacanth, the meat of Coelacanth nutritia doesn’t consist of much oil and Actually, it can be the wonderful sources of meat that can be found on this island.
- Domesticated: The way of domesticating the Coelacanths is not similar to the way that other creatures get. They can supply the costal tribes with a feasible source of meat, and those survivors will have plenty of time to tame them. Because of their tiny size, a bigger tribe would need an important amount of Coelacanths to go feed
- Known Information: Most of the Coelacanths are nice feeders because they can swallow anything that is much smaller than them, for example, small water snakes, insects, plant life or maybe they could eat each other
The Coelacanth is kind of sluggish to swim around until it’s being attacked. If that happens, they will try to escape away from the enemy.
Color Scheme and Regions
This is the section that shows the inborn colors and regions of Coelacanth. For indicative purposes, the areas below are in red color, and it’s all over an albino Coelacanth. The colored squares described below every description of the region are the colors that this creature will bear at random for giving a general scope of its genius color scheme. If you want to explore its name and ID, you need to move the mouse cursor on a color.
- The Coelacanth is the only species that comes out naturally with any of first and second colors, such as Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, or Purple.
- The information of color scheme is extracted from ARK DevKit, and it should be considered as accuracy.
The server admins can utilize this information about the region in this order “cheat SetTargetDinoColor ”
Like, if you use “cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6”, you would decorate the body magenta of Coelacanth.
Region 0: Body
Region 1 is not used
Region 2 is not usedfor this
Region 3 is not used for this Creature.
Region 4: Fins
Region 5: Patterning
Raw Fish Meat
Base Stats and Growth
Remember that this creature will get discrepant stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
- The percentages are based upon the stat value the moment that the creature was domesticated (right after taming success)
- The absolute Base Damage is displayed here rather than the percentage
- The movement speed of wild creatures won’t be developed
- The Torpor develops every single level on the untamed creatures, but won’t be developed after they are domesticated.
- The Coelacanth is unable to drown
- To get a full comparison of the creatures’ stats, check out Base Creature Statistics
- To get a description of how the level-up calculation operates, check out Creature Stats Calculation
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- Above are the base speeds of the creature that are all at 100% Movement Speed
- To obtain a comparison between all speeds of creatures, check out Base Creature Speeds.
This section describes how to fight against the Coelacanth.
Coelacanth are kind of weak and slow creatures. It’s really easy to hunt and tame them. If you want to domesticate them, you should get Brontosaurus, let it go to a water source and then they can get these easily.
Coelacanth are very obedient and passive. They won’t launch attacks to the player. Getting into the water with the spear one is kind of strategic enough! When you start assaulting them, they will begin to escape away instantly. If you don’t have enough Movement Speed or Oxygen, you may find it tougher a bit to go behind them. But, these creatures are still very slow on swimming while they are escaping, and you can catch them more easily.
Coelacanth doesn’t have high health, and you can utilize a spear to kill them easily. If you kill them using a spear, when they are dead, you automatically pick them up.
Coelacanth doesn’t cause a danger to the player, but other animals, like Megapiranha.
These creatures have so many weaknesses. They are not able to do anything, and you can kill them very effortlessly. You can totally throw a spear and shoot the Coelacanth that has lower level!
If you want to get more raw fish meat, just come to find Coelacanths and tame them. They won’t hide!
Relying on how much melee damage % you got or your Dinosaur got will bring you more sources of meat from Coelacanths
In patch v180.0, when you utilize a spear to destroy a Coelacanth or Piranha, the fish will be caught immediately, and you don’t have to step in water.
In fact, the meat of this creature is not good for human beings because it consists of oil, wax, urea, and other elements that are not easy for humans to digest. They could get diarrhea if they eat its meat.
In real life, the creature was trusted to be vanished 65 million years ago till it was found one again in 1938.
At first, it was trusted to have only one kind. But, another kind of Coelacanth was found again in 1999 in Manado, North Sulawesi, and Indonesia.
Coelacanth are usually a big starting point of lag for the players because they can appear in large numbers in the lakes or rivers. Therefore, you should low the Dino Count to 0.5 for the lag to be reduced.
In patch v235, Coelacanths have so many discrepant sizes, which will bring various amounts of meat relying on its size. Probably, you could get more than 200 sources of meat from one fish.